- Twenty nine systems are located in the Anise Subsector.
- Five systems are located in the Clown Subsector.
- Six systems are located in the Voyager Subsector.
- Twenty five systems are located in the Kline Subsector.
The highest population world on the main, with approximately ninety billion inhabitants is Austa (Anise Subsector, 2503). The lowest population world on the main is Drang (Voyager Subsector, 2419) with approximately ten inhabitants.
There is no clear origin for the name assigned to this main. Over the centuries numerous Imperial and Solomani historians have speculated it may, in some way, be connected to an obscure religious figure in ancient Terran history. This figure, a woman know as Saint Walpurga, was instrumental in converting an ancient Terran ethnic group known as the Germans from paganism to the ancient Terran faith of Catholicism. The debate over this matter continues to this day.
No matter the obscure and perhaps lost origin of the name assigned to this important main, it historically was and remains to this day an important avenue for trade and colonization into the heart of the old Solomani Sphere as well as the Spinward portions of the Domain of Sol.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
The Walpurgian Main is found in the following areas:
World Member Data for the Walpurgian Main (by subsector)
The mainworlds found on the Walpurgian Main are:
- Anise Subsector
- Clown Subsector
- Kline Subsector
- Voyager Subsector
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- Author & Contributor: MIMIC - Minor Imp of the Ministry of Information and Communication
- Author & Contributor: IISS Junior Administrator and Master Astrographer Ensign Phillips