A resting Dandy, possibly even sleeping.
|Homeworld||Junidy (Spinward Marches 3202)|
|Reference||The Traveller Adventure 143.|
The Llellewyloly are a technologically sophisticated sophont species.
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
Biology (Physical Sophontology)
Llellewyloly (pronounced "Chlay-chlew-i-lolly") have five multi-jointed limbs which function as hands and feet interchangeably. Their main sensory organs are also located on the limbs. The spherical central body is covered with long, coarse hair. Many body features are adaptations to the extreme temperature variations of Junidy’s day. Respiration occurs across the entire spherical body surface and is adapted to Junidy's very thin atmosphere. Consequently, Llellewyloly venture unprotected only into similar very thin atmospheres; in other environments, and even then they require whole-body protective suits. "Dandies" (or "Dandelions") as they are colloquially known, have a great phobia of non-native environments meaning that Dandies stick to low gravity, low pressure environments with similar atmospheres as Junidy.
Evolution & Environment (Epigenetics)
This species originated on Junidy (world) and developed intelligence.
This species developed intelligence in response to extreme climatic change and interspecies competition.
Climate & Ecotope (Environment)
This species holds the following environmental preferences:
- Terrestrial planet
- Temperate-cold climate
- Forest and swamp ecotopes
- Low gravity
- Very thin atmosphere
Anatomy & Physiology (Phenotype)
Sophontologists studying this species have discovered the following data.
Body Plan (Morphology)
- Radial symmetry (r-ial)
- Pentapod (5-ped)
- 5 limbs used for dual locomotion-manipulation "arm-legs"
- Body consists of two segments (modified craniopod)
- Torso with brain and viscera
- Abdomen with limbs
This species has a conventional carbon-water based biochemistry.
This species employs a conventional respiration cycle consisting of:
- Oxygen-nitrogen inhalant
- Carbon dioxide exhalant
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Social Organization: 1105
Llellewyloly have a complex society with many dimensions of social precedence; the same individual may be entitled to high status in one situation and low status in another, and to make an error concerning propriety is a serious matter.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This race (sophont species) is primarily located in the following areas:
The homeworld of this race (sophontic species) is:
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Frank Chadwick, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. The Traveller Adventure (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), 84,143.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 31.
- Rob Caswell. "Beginners' Luck : Guide to the Domain of Deneb." MegaTraveller Journal 1 (1991): 22-26.
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 39.
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 104.
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), 70,72.
- Marc Miller. Aramis (Mongoose Publishing, 2012), 87,91.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 546.
- Novel: Agent of the Imperium by Marc W. Miller
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science