Cavern of Fangs class Escort Carrier
|Cavern of Fangs class Escort Carrier|
A single fleet vessel to service numerous worlds
|Type: VE Escort Carrier|
|Also see||Subcraft Carrier - Carrier|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Hull||Dispersed Structure Hull|
|Manufacturer||Ughz Fleet Logistics|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Cavern of Fangs class Escort Carrier is a light strike carrier warship.
Cavern of Fangs Class Escort Carrier (Type VS): Using a 900-ton hull, the Vargr Strike Carrier is primarily a military and paramilitary ship used by naval units and corsair bands for diplomatic and patrol duties. It mounts Jump drive-5, Maneuver drive-1, and Power plant-5, giving performance of Jump-5 and 1G acceleration. Fuel tankage for 495.0 tons supports the power plant and allows one Jump-5. Adjacent to the bridge is a model/8 computer. Cargo capacity is 1.0 tons. The hull is unstreamlined.
- There are nine triple turret hardpoints and nine tons allocated to fire control. Installed on the hardpoints are triple turrets mounting a heterogenous mix of weaponry: Four triple pulse lasers, one triple missile racks, and four triple sandcasters.
- It carries ten 10T Light Fighters and two 20T Gigs. There are ship's vehicles, a trio of 2-ton air rafts.
- The Cavern of Fangs Class Escort Carrier requires a crew of 23: the pilot/commander, navigator, 10 fighter pilots, 2 gig pilots, 1 medic, 1 engineering officer, 4 engineers, 1 gunnery officer, 2 gunners with double occupancy. There are 11.5 staterooms. It is not intended for commercial passenger transport. The ship costs MCr689.85 (...including architect's fees and discount for standard designs; exact price may vary) and takes 116 weeks to build. There are 11.5 staterooms and no low berths.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||900 tons.|
|2.||Crew||x23, pilot/commander, navigator, 10 fighter pilots, 2 gig pilots, 1 medic, 1 engineering officer, 4 engineers, 1 gunnery officer, 2 gunners crew.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/8 computer, space precluded the fiber optic back ups.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||Four triple sand caster turrets firing as a single factor 7 battery.|
|8.||Craft / Subcraft||x10 10T Light Fighters, x2 20T Gigs, x3 2T Air Rafts|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||On Board Fuel Purification|
|11.||Construction Time||116 weeks to build, 93 weeks in quantity.|
|12.||Remarks|| A single example of the class has been built so far.
In its service career thus far it excels at diplomacy and showing the flag.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: An effort was made to sound primitive, feral and intimidating. Opinions differ.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type VE class Escort Carrier
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science