- This component is considered to be Ship Equipment.
- It is also often known as a Cargo Bay or Cargo Loading Area.
The cargo hold can usually be sealed. The hold is generally accessed by large doors or hatches. It may have a loading ramp or a cargo elevator.
- The interior surfaces of the cargo hold have multiple tethering and anchoring points.
- The hold generally has independent life support and environmental systems.
- Sections of larger holds may be isolated and can be provided with specialized environmental conditions, typically refrigeration or a different composition of atmospheric gases.
- The hold may utilize small vehicles, cranes and hoists, "walking floors", or gravitic devices to facilitate moving and handling cargo.
The cargo hold may be used to transport vehicles.
Some cargo holds are specifically designed to be environmental tanks.
These commonly include:
- Fluid tanks
- Gas tanks
- Hydrocarbon tanks
- Pumping equipment
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Classic Traveller, Book 2 Starships (Game Designers Workshop 1977, 1981)
- Classic Traveller, Book 5 High Guard (Game Designers Workshop 1980)
- Jordan Weisman. "Book 2." Adventure Class Ships Volume 1 (1982): TBD.
- MegaTraveller, Referee's Manual (Game Designers Workshop 1987)
- Mongoose Traveller: High Guard (Mongoose Publishing 2008)
- T5 Core Rules, Far Future Enterprises 2013
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science