Annic Nova Class Far Trader
|ANNIC NOVA Class|
ANNIC NOVA on the cover of JTAS-01
|Type: MLJ (Non-Standard Classified Type NS18) Far Trader|
|Tech Level||12 (Unknown, min. of TL12)|
|Jump||J-2 & 3 (has two j-drives)|
|Maneuver||0.0 / 0.1 G|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Cost||MCr200 approximate current market value|
ANNIC NOVA is a relic from an earlier time.
- The tech level of the vessel is not known, though a minimum of TL-12 can be guessed at due to the jump capability of one of the two jump drives.
The ANNIC NOVA starship has the following features:
- The Annic Nova has no maneuver drive of its own, instead it uses pinnaces as tugs for limited maneuvering capability (0.1G).
- There are two jump drives onboard: One capable of Jump-2 and the other Jump-3.
- There is no power plant, using a Collector canopy which collects radiated stellar power and stores it in the accumulators on the drive deck.
- This Collector canopy cannot be deployed during any maneuvering or when the vessel enters, exits or is within jumpspace.
- Though having six hard points, there are only two turrets mounted, each with one laser.
History & Background (Dossier)
Travellers' Aid Society — Advisory Report 02-183-1105
TAS released an initial report of an unknown vessel which had been seen, at a great distance, in several star systems. The information was sketchy as follows:
Scanner Data: Mass Displacement: 500-800 tons; Jump: at least 2; Maneuver: 2G (?); Armament: unknown
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Shadows/Annic Nova Double Adventure
- Periodical: Journal of the Travellers Aid Society No. 1
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science