From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
Precursor races are races of great age that preceded the current interstellar order.
- By great age, it is meant thousands, millions, or even billions of years ago. Perhaps, even more...
- This is a sophontilogical term widely used in exobiological academia.
- Precursor races are, by default, considered dead or extinct although some may still be alive, just hidden or not well known.
- Many precursor races are believed to have possessed technology considerably more advanced than the current technological frontiers being pushed at TL–E (15) in Charted Space. The search for advanced artifacts from these races has always attracted great attention, especially at ancients sites.
- These lifeforms or the remnants of their societies and civilizations often contain great treasure troves of reverse-engineerable technology enabling fantastic technological breakthroughs.
- Some of these advanced and rumored races of great age include the Aakho, Primordials, and Ykiuh.
- Who knows what can be found in wildspace and other uncharted space beyond the borders of Charted Space?
Known Precursor Races
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Darkhstarr
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science