Annic Nova class Far Trader
|Annic Nova class Far Trader|
ANNIC NOVA on the cover of JTAS 1
|Type: MLJ (Non-Standard Classified Type NS18) Far Trader|
|Also see||Far Trader|
|Architect||TBD - MWM|
|Cost||MCr200 approximate current market value|
|Jump||J-2 & 3 (has two j-drives)|
|Maneuver||0.0 / 0.1 G|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Annic Nova class Far Trader is a relic from an earlier time.
- The tech level of the vessel is not known, though a minimum of TL-12 can be guessed at due to the jump capability of one of the two jump drives.
- It is a civilian ship and a Far Trader.
The Annic Nova class Far Trader has the following features:
- The Annic Nova has no maneuver drive of its own, instead it uses pinnaces as tugs for limited maneuvering capability (0.1G).
- There are two jump drives onboard: One capable of Jump-2 and the other Jump-3.
- There is no power plant, using a Collector canopy which collects radiated stellar power and stores it in the accumulators on the drive deck.
- This Collector canopy cannot be deployed during any maneuvering or when the vessel enters, exits or is within jumpspace.
- There are six six hard points, two of which are mounted with turrets bearing a single pulse laser, in addition to four single missile racks mounted in the aft-hub, each with a single audio-visual relay drone-missile in each rack.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|3.||Performance||J-2, J-3, M-1, etc.|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|11.||Construction Time||Unknown months to build, Unknown months in quantity.|
|12.||Comments|| Unknown alien manufacture. Found as derelict.
Travellers' Aid Society — Advisory Report 02-183-1105
TAS released an initial report of an unknown vessel which had been seen, at a great distance, in several star systems. The information was sketchy as follows:
Scanner Data: Mass Displacement: 500-800 tons; Jump: at least 2; Maneuver: 2G (?); Armament: unknown
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
No information yet available.
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Unknown Type
- Annic Nova class Far Trader
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has Metadata|
- Periodical: Journal of the Travellers Aid Society No. 1
- Classic Traveller Shadows/Annic Nova Double Adventure
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science