|Vard/Srys (Old Expanses 0714)|
|Solomani Rim War|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||G4 V M7 V|
- A fluid world has an oceanic geography of a liquid other than water such as ammonia, methane, hydrocarbons, or other exotic liquids.
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- This is a "Puzzle" world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Srys Subsector of Old Expanses Sector in the Domain of Sol.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Vard Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Vard
Primary Main Sequence 0.96 4800 - 5700 0.778 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00869 0.07316 0.7 - 1.14 0.869 8.69 Orbit # * * 3 3 7 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Vard
Secondary Main Sequence 0.273 1900 - 2700 0.004 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.0026 0.00525 0.05 - 0.08 0.26 2.6 Orbit # * * * 0 5
History & Background (Dossier)
Vard's people are packed into shallow-water arcologies. Their government is a veritable maze of agencies in charge of this and that, often overlapping, never simple to cope with. Because of their sympathies and active cooperation with the Solomani rebels since the last war, Vard has been interdicted by the Imperial Navy.
- The planetary tech level has been falling steadily since contact was cut off, and the Scout Service predicts that soon the populace will not be able to repair or maintain the arcologies. The IISS has thus petitioned the Emperor for a lifting of the restrictions, lest they lead to genocide. The Navy takes a dim view of this idea. If anything, the interdiction has made the anti-Imperial attitudes worse over the years, but Vard would be hard put to menace the Imperium in its present condition.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|