|Theev/Sindal (Trojan Reach 2116)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
- In a technological universe, societies without industrial capability generally suffer as nearly all manufactured and high tech goods must be brought in at significant cost.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- This dangerous world is designated an Amber Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions make it dangerous to visitors.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Sindal Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector.
- This world-system hosts a Naval Base, usually associated with military starships, which may be located on or off-world.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
It is part of the Theev Cluster.
Theev Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Theev
Primary Main Sequence 1.04 5400 - 6100 1.21 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00958 0.09124 0.87 - 1.43 0.958 9.58 Orbit # * * 3 3 7 Remarks None
World Government (G)
Theev has no central government for the world, an Anarchy. The largest governmental structure would be a family, tribe, or single clan. The largest group will be between 50 and 100 individuals, and there may be dozens to hundreds of them. This governmental structure can be stable over long periods of time if the population remains small or geographically separated.
The world is a legendary thieves’ port, "a pirate’s refuge where lawlessness is king and the Imperium’s police cutters and patrols cannot reach." As such, the world is considered dangerous and has been assigned an Amber Zone.
The main urban center is Blacksand City, built on top of a series of plateaus linked by sealed walkways. The city is ruled by pirate lords who punish those who use excessive violence in the otherwise lawless city.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|