|Homeworld location||Lehnil (Beyond 1923)|
|Also see||Ace Dog Industries|
The Sred*Ni are a technologically sophisticated sophont species.
The Sred*Ni (pronounced "shred-knee") are an arachnid-like mammaloid lifeform native to the world Lehnil/I'Sred*Ni Heptad (Beyond 1923) (also known as I'Sred*Ni or I'Sred*Ni Nest) and similar to the Fulacinian Trapper of Fulacin (Spinward Marches Rhylanor).
History & Background (Dossier)
The Sred*Ni are fully sentient, although they evidence a conmmunal mind which is telepathically linked and augmented. Due to their mental communality, the Sred*Ni are unable to recognize and appreciate the subtleties of such concepts as: "free will"; "individuality"; "personal property"; "individual rights and responsibilities"; and similar individual-oriented concepts.
Social Organization: 1105
Sred*Ni society is octamerous, consisting of three i-Zreen ("classes"), subdivided into eight percipiences:
- The Tertiary i-Zreen consisting of Breeders and Technicians.
- The Secondary i-Zreen of Merchants, Hunters and Warriors.
- The Primary i-Zreen consisting of Leaders, Sages and Coalescers.
Any decision made, in order to be binding to all, must be sponsored and arbitrated by a selected "consciousness" composed of one of each of the latter seven percipiences, breeders having no decision-making responsibilities.
Government & Politics (Leadership)
The interstellar polity of the Sred*Ni is known as the I'Sred*Ni Protectorate or I'Sred*Ni Web of Worlds. The governmental center of this polity is a seven-worlded authority known as the I'Sred*Ni Heptad.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- Beyond Sector
The homeworld of this race (sophontic species) is:
- Lehnil (world) (also called I'Sred*Ni or I'Sred*Ni Nest)
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Donald P. Rapp. Beyond (Paranoia Press, 1981), 25.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science