Secretary General (Government) Synopsis
Secretary General (Government) Qualifications
If there is more than one candidate, voting proceeds in multiple rounds, with the weakest candidates being eliminated until the new Secretary General is elected by a majority.
There are two primary qualifications required to run for election as a Secretary General:
- A candidate must be a current or former member of the High Council.
- A candidate must be nominated by any two delegates of the Secretariat.
Secretary General (Government) History
The Secretary Generalship has had a long and distinguished history.
List of Previous Secretary Generals
- The first Secretary General of the Confederation was the respected political scientist and Solomani Party activist Noah Kwan.
- In 944 Secretary General Mohammed Weinberg led the Secretariat in formally protesting Imperial meddling in the autonomous affairs of the Confederation.
- In 984 the strongly anti-Imperial Solomani Party high council leader Sergio Bordoni was elected Secretary General.
- Following the Rim War, Admiral Ivan Wolfe served as Secretary General from 1004 to 1012.
- In 1042 former Minister of Science and Technology Yuki Jung was elected Secretary General.
- In 1105 the Chairman of the High Council and Secretary General is Osmond Salazar.
- "For all the Solomani peoples, we liberate Terra from Imperial oppression. Dear Terra, the cradle of us all -- we have come home at last!"
Era: Milieu 1120
In the alternate timeline of GURPS Traveller, the Secretary General has been at the center of a constitutional crisis.
The following individuals have held the office: