This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Salatho/Velous (Far Home 1313)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Salatho is a preindustrial, agricultural world.
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- As a preindustrial world, this planet cannot yet manufacture enough high-technology resources to support a modern, star-faring society. Having to import many manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Velous Subsector of Far Home Sector.
- 1 Astrography and Planetology
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors / Sources
Astrography and Planetology
Salatho Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Salatho
Primary Main Sequence 1.02 5200 - 6000 1.102 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00936 0.08707 0.83 - 1.36 0.936 9.36 Orbit # * * 3 3 7 Remarks None
The primary is Fortenoy, an ordinary yellow main sequence star. It has a luminosity of 1.102 Sols, a mass of 1.02 Sols, and a diameter of 1.399 million km. The inner system consists of (I) a vacuum worldlet, (II) a corrosive atmosphere inferno world, and (III) an exotic atmosphere radworld. (IV-I) Salatho, designated the mainworld, and (IV-II) a thin atmosphere] hospitable world have a shared orbit within the habitable zone. (V-I) a very thin atmosphere hospitable world, (V-II) a dense stony planetoid belt, (VI) a ringed large gas giant, (VII) a large gas giant, (VIII) a small gas giant, and (IX) ringed large gas giant, (X) a sparse icy planetoid belt form the outer system. Many of the worlds retain satellites.
(IV-I) Salatho is designated the mainworld. It orbits Fortenoy at a mean distance of 0.91 AU (136.1 million km), within the habitable zone. It has an orbital period of 313 days 23 hours and a rotation period of 22 hours. The axial tilt is 15 degrees. Salatho has a diameter of 13,116 km, a density of 5.98 g/cm³, and a surface gravity of 1.11 G. The world is geologically active. Its atmosphere is rated as Standard, Tainted, with a mean surface pressure of 1.08 bar and a composition of 73% nitrogen (N2), 26% oxygen (O2), 1% argon (Ar), and 1% water vapor (H2O), carbon dioxide (CO2), ozone (O3), neon (Ne) and other trace gases. The taint is caused by the high percentage of atmospheric oxygen. Approximately 70% of the surface is covered in seas of liquid water: average tidal ranges exceed 0.25m. Mean surface temperature: 28°C. The climate is rated as Temperate-Warm and experiences minor seasonal changes during the local year. The atmosphere is active and powerful weather systems driven by the star and the oceans sweep across the globe.
Mainworld Geography and Topography
Total surface area: 540 million km², Water surface area: 378 million km², Land surface area: 162 million km².
- (IV-Ia) Parsis (UWP H100235-9, orbiting at 15 Diameters/195,000 km)
- (IV-Ib) Inoba (UWP F444568-8, orbiting at 40 Diameters/525,000 km)
Salatho, the mainworld, has extensive, abundant native life, with complex organisms inhabiting every ecological niche. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal.
- Inoba, Salatho's temperate hospitable outer moon, has extensive native life, consisting of microscopic organisms, stromatolite-parallels and primitive flora that can be found in almost every ecological niche. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal.
The temperate hospitable world lying in orbital position (IV-II) has extensive, abundant native life, with complex organisms inhabiting every ecological niche. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal.
The cold marginally hospitable world lying in orbital position (V-I) has primitive native life, consisting entirely of microscopic cyanobacteria-parallels that exist in any location where they can find even a minimal trace of shelter and warmth. Their metabolic functions maintain the process of atmospheric renewal.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Salatho has a Class B Starport, a good quality installation which includes all the expected amenities including refined fuel for starships, brokerage services for passengers and cargo, and a variety of ship provisions. There is a shipyard capable of doing annual maintenance, overhauls and most kinds of repair, and construction of non-starships. Most ports of this classification have both a Highport and a Downport.
World technology level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Fiber optics and satellite communication and data networks.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Early fusion power.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
- Land: Ultra high-speed trains and early grav vehicles.
- Water: High efficiency sailcraft, multihulled seacraft, improved artificial gears.
- Air: Tiltrotorcraft, exotic VTOL's, PARWIG, and rocket-assisted suborbitals.
- Space: SSTO spacecraft, early military spacecraft (System Craft), and interstellar STL starships
- FTL: Prototype Jump Drive-1.
Salatho has a Balkanized Government. There is no central world government. The world has several governments competing for control of the world. These may be allies, cooperating, competitors, or at war with each other.
- Resources: D (Very abundant)
- Labor: 6 (Millions)
- Infrastructure: 6 (Limited)
- Efficiency: −3 (Poor)
A number of important companies have their headquarters at Salatho:
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Homogeneity: 9 (Discordant)
- Acceptance: 9 (Friendly)
- Strangeness: 2 (Typical)
- Symbols: 6 (Somewhat concrete)
No information yet available.
5338AD–5348AD: Salatho Uprising
No information yet available.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|