An anomalous signal originating from a system centered on a yellow main sequence star. The signal is periodic, unmodulated, and in the 200-300 MHz range.
RSS Am2603 was detected by the University of Tal Varisa Deep Sky Program. It became public knowledge following publication of the "Where The Stars End" Astrographic Survey in 5550AD. The signal may be being transmitted by a currently unknown advanced sophont NIL, it may be evidence of Vilani activity, or it may simply be a natural phenomenon.
If the signal does originate from a sophont source, a number of different explanations regarding its meaning have been proposed:
- It is an indicator of Vilani activity.
- A Voyager Beacon, emplaced by the Slavers.
- A gravestone or memorial. The final marker of a dead civilization.
- The originators of the signal are very different to other sophonts, perhaps dangerously so.
- Oblivious. The originators of the signal are unaware of the existence of other sophonts or simply don't care.
- Internal Communications. The signal is not intended for outsiders.
- Assist Us. A cry for help, though it is probably already too late.
- Stay Away.
- We're Coming.
- Curious. The originators of the signal want to communicate.
- A warning to others about a significant threat or danger.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|