Publications: The following is a list of all published items for the Traveller universes.
- The number of products are too many to be listed here, and as such are broken down by Publisher, Version, and Author.
- Miniatures are not covered in this section, see miniatures.
- Magazine articles are covered in Published Articles, some magazines are covered in the below publisher lists, but only for those that also produce books and modules.
- The "Lost" Books cover books which were announced, but never saw the final light of day.
- If you notice missing publications, please edit this article and add them!
- Artifacts (Objects)
- Metastory (Metadata)
- Talents-Personage (Cast)
- Universe Hallmarks (Background)
Traveller has birthed numerous versions and a number of publishers have put out Traveller products:
Pub Date Edition Game Abbr Primary Publisher 1977 1st Edition Classic Traveller CT Game Designers Workshop 1986 2nd Edition MegaTraveller MT Game Designers Workshop 1992 3rd Edition Traveller: The New Era TNE Game Designers Workshop 1996 4th Edition Marc Miller's Traveller T4 Imperium Games 1998 5th edition GURPS Traveller GT Steve Jackson Games 2002 6th Edition GURPS Traveller: Interstellar Wars GT:IW Steve Jackson Games 2006 7th Edition Traveller D20 T20 QuikLink Interactive 2006 8th Edition Traveller Hero TH ComStar Games 2008 9th Edition Mongoose Traveller MGT Mongoose Publishing 2013 10th edition Traveller 5 T5 Far Future Enterprises 2016 11th edition Mongoose Traveller MGT2 Mongoose Publishing
Current Publishers (2015)
|This section is outdated meaning it needs work to make this a good up-to-date article.
Publications Prior Publishers
Traveller Original Publisher & Creator:
Pub. Date Publisher Primary Setting Publications 1977 Game Designers' Workshop (GDW) Classic Traveller 104 List of Publications: 104
Later Traveller Publishers:
Traveller in Other Media: Travller has appeared in other forms than game books:
- GDW licensee Paragon (Paragon Software Corporation) produced two video games based on the Traveller universe:
- In March 2011 IngZ Inc announced the upcoming release of "Traveller AR" in Summer 2011. Traveller AR is an iPhone based port of the Traveller RPG brand. The "Traveller AR" software was unfortunately abandoned at a later date after protracted development. "
Several novels have been specifically set in the various Traveller universes:
Traveller Game Novels # Year Title Series Author Edition Reference & ISBN Notes 1. 1993 Again, Oytritsyu'aby Book 1 of 1 Charles E. Gannon Traveller: The New Era n/a Novelette (Short story) 2. 1993 Count or Country Book 1 of 1 Charles E. Gannon Traveller: The New Era n/a Novelette (Short story) 3. 1993 The Trap of Triton Book 1 of 1 Gary A. Kalin Traveller: The New Era n/a Novelette (Short story) 4. 1995 The Intendant Book 1 of 1 Gregory P. Lee Traveller: The New Era n/a Available from Amazon 5. 1995 Death of Wisdom Book 1 of 3 Paul Brunette Traveller: The New Era ISBN 1-55878-181-1 Available from FFE 6. 1995 To Dream of Chaos Book 2 of 3 Paul Brunette Traveller: The New Era ISBN 1-55878-184-6 Available from FFE 7. 1998 Marc Miller's Traveller: Gateway to the Stars Book 1 of 1 Pierce Askegren T4 ISBN 0-671-01188-X Available from Amazon 8. 2005 The Force of Destiny Book 1 of 1 Dale Kemper Classic Traveller n/a Available from Amazon 9. 2004 Diaspora Phoenix Book 1 of 1 Martin J. Dougherty Classic Traveller n/a Available from RPG Now 10. 2006 Tales of the New Era 1: Yesterday's Hero Book 1 of 1 Martin J. Dougherty Classic Traveller n/a Available from RPG Now 11. 2010 The Backwards Mask Book 3 of 3 Paul Brunette Traveller: The New Era n/a Available from FFE 12. 2011 The Backwards Mask (Alternate) Book 3 of 3 Matthew Carson Traveller: The New Era n/a Available from FFE 13. 2012 A Long Way Home: Tales of Congressional Space Book 1 of 1 Terrance McInnes Classic Traveller n/a Available from Amazon 14. 2014 Shadow of the Storm Book 1 of 1 Martin J. Dougherty Classic Traveller ISBN-10: 1558780343 Available from RPG Now 15. 2016-Present Ol' Doris Book 1 of 1 Samuel Budak Classic Traveller n/a Novelette (Short story) 16. 2015 Agent of the Imperium Book 1 of ? Marc Miller Classic Traveller ISBN Available from RPG Now
- In addition, Jefferson Swycaffer has written several novels set in the "Concordat" fictional universe he originally developed for his Traveller campaign.
- Gregory P. Lee's "The Laughing Lip" series acknowledges the influence of Traveller in the development of the three novels published to date. Mr. Lee also wrote the Gamelords' supplement "Lee's Guide to Interstellar Adventure" in the early 1980s.
Television (Live Action)
In May 2014 game designer and film producer Ken Whitman announced that his company, D20 Entertainment, had procured a license from Marc Miller to produce a Traveller television pilot. The pilot is to be titled Spinward Traveller and will follow the adventures of Jon Spinward, who is pressed into service aboard a pirate ship.
On June 1, 2014, Whitman launched a Kickstarter campaign for the film. The campaign is seeking $30,000 to produce a 22-minute pilot but has stretch goals for up to a 96-minute film. The campaign received over $5,000 on its first day.
The project was never brought to completion.
Pub. Date Language Primary Publisher Publications 2007 FRENCH (la langue Française) Tud Glas 06 List of Publications: 6 2008 GERMAN (Deutsche Sprache) 13Mann 13 List of Publications: 13 2003 JAPANESE (Nihongo) Raimei 01 List of Publications: 1 1985 GERMAN (Deutsche Sprache) Fantasy Production 27 List of Publications: 27 1984 JAPANESE (Nihongo) Hobby Japan 01 List of Publications: 1 TBD JAPANESE (Nihongo) Kokusai-tsushinsha 01 List of Publications: 1 TBD SPANISH (el idioma Español) Diseños Orbitales 03 List of Publications: 3