Ministry of Commerce
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This organization operates all Imperial starports, and thus has control over the port facilities for the vast majority of interstellar trade.
- It also enforces most of the Imperial laws and regulations governing trade and commerce.
- These functions make the Starport Authority very powerful and very large.
In addition to the Starport Authority, the Ministry has the following duties:
- Trading Standards Bureau: A purely advisory board, advising the Emperor on matters of trade and commerce.
- Imperial Shipping Commission: Monitors the custom duties and restrictions set by member worlds, deciding if they constitue interference in Imperial trade. It also collects shipping information, records ship registries and crew licences, and acts as an advocate for starship crews in disputes over pay or working conditions.
- Imperial Treasury: Consists of three parts.
- Imperial Surplus Service
- Imperial Customs Authority
- Imperial Travel Assistance Bureau