- This is a program, a kind of computer software.
- It is designed to be used with a Ship’s Computer, although it could be used with other kinds of computers as well.
Routine programs are used to operate systems other than weaponry, and without regard to violent interaction.
- Maneuver is required to allow the use of maneuver drive.
- In combat it is often replaced by the maneuver/evade program.
- It can calculate shorter NAFAL trips within a system including burn durations, projected fuel usage, and other factors. It can make similar calculations for more advanced non-reaction maneauver drives. 
Selected Computer Programs
- Generate Program 
- Jump Program 
- Library Program 
- Manoeuvre Program 
- Navigation Program 
- RVO Program 
- Virtual Crew Program 
Software within Charted Space is intentionally built to work under a number of different operating systems, different technology levels of computers, and to be extensively toughened for hard use under vacuum if necessary. 
The Software List: The computer software list, available at nearly any software vendor or port, indicates the various programs that are available. It shows space required by a specific program in CPU or storage, its price in MCr, and its title. Also shown is a brief overview of its effects. 
Software Authorship: Various requirements exist for individual characters producing existng or new programs. Such a course can save money, but may have some pitfalls. Program generation is explained elsewhere.