Kline (Ma 3012) (world)
|Kline/Kline (Magyar 3012)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
- Hellworlds often offer daily, and sometimes even hourly, life-threatening situations to their inhabitants.
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- The world serves as the subsector capital with the significant extra trade and prestige associated with that role.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Kline Subsector of Magyar Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world has colonies at:
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
A dry, inhospitable place with a tainted atmosphere, which is home to powerful manufacturing centers.
Kline Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Kline
Primary Main Sequence 1.3 6100 - 6800 3.5 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01303 0.15517 1.49 - 2.42 1.303 13.03 Orbit # * 0 4 4 7 Remarks None
- System Name Kline
- System Location Magyar Sector / Subsector H
- Travel Zone Green (No Special Restrictions)
- Stellar Type F5 D
- Gas Giants 2
- Asteroid Belts 0
- Allegiance Imperial (Im)
- Bases None.
- Starport A: Excellent Facilities. Starship Shipyards. Refined Fuel. Class V
- Diameter 5 Small (8,520km)
- Atmosphere 4 Thin (Tainted)
- Hydrographics 1 Dry World (10%)
- Population 9 9 Billion
- Government 8 Civil Service Bureaucracy
- Law Level 7 Moderate law (Firearms prohibited) GCR 4
- Tech Level E High Stellar (Antigrav Cities) GTL 11
- Core Type Molten
- Density 1.06 Earths
- Mass 0.625 Earths
- Gravity 0.34 G
- Rotation Period 13 hours
- Orbital Period 401 days
- Axial Tilt 30 degrees
- Orbital Eccentricity 0.013
- Satellites 1
- Surface Pressure 0.49 atm
History & Background (Dossier)
Located in the Kline Subsector H of the Magyar Sector, along a trade route between Stanko (Magyar 2810 A555649-C) and Unfried (Magyar 3214 B577355-C), this planet has a high population and a strong industrial manufacturing base.
- Its' economic status as an exporter of high technology probably led to its' selection as the subsector capital. Kline's proximity to the border with the Solomani Confederation affords it some security concerns and some economic opportunities. Industrial pollutants combined with silica suspended in the high winds, necessitate filtered respiration precautions for those venturing outside. Massive automated foundries churn out high volume production runs on demand, the only limitations are the supply of raw material imports. High value, high volume corporate clients have a green light when navigating the byzantine complexities of the red tape laden governmental and regulatory systems, free traders and independent contractors should anticipate waits for everything as the wheels turn more slowly for them. Large scale efficiency and not flexibility is a strong suit of the system. The orbital shipyards produce some excellent, utilitarian heavy merchant vessels, like the Fornorb class Heavy Merchant.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial count.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial subsector duke. Non Canon: Stephen Michael Gabriel Kline
- System Classifications :
•High-Population •Industrial •Non-Agricultural
- World Trade Number (WTN) : 5.5
- Per Capita Income (WPCI) : $ 13,125
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|