|Size||2 - 3m|
|Homeworld location||Sysix (Hinterworlds 2935)|
|Also see||Synthetic Race|
The Jenda are a technologically sophisticated sophont species.
- They are a Synthetic Race with a variable appearance.
- They are synthetic humanoids native to Sysix (Hinterworlds 2935).
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 1.1 Sophonce (Evolution)
- 1.2 Climate & Ecotope (Environment)
- 1.3 Anatomy & Physiology (Phenotype)
- 1.4 Ecosystem & Population (Ecology)
- 1.5 Psychology (Cultural Sophontology)
- 1.6 Goals (Motivation)
- 1.7 Belief System & Philosophy (Mindset)
- 1.8 Culture & Society (Ethnology)
- 1.9 Language (Linguistic Sophontology)
- 1.10 Language & Letters (Communication)
- 1.11 Aesthetics (Symbology)
- 1.12 Morality (Ethics)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
Biology (Physical Sophontology): Jenda are a species of synthetic, cybernetic, humanoids known for their exceptional knowledge of biogenetics, cybernetics, and computers. They comprise the majority of the population of the Council of Leh Perash, a pocket empire of some 42 systems on the border between the Hive Federation, the Solomani Sphere, and the Third Imperium.
This species developed as an attempt by its original founders to move humanity beyond its current genetic and physiological boundaries. It has been claimed that they were an Uplift experiment by Hivers or possibly a similar Solomani colonization experiment to Ginsharians. Hivers deny their involvement and Ginsharians have never mentioned the Jenda.
Climate & Ecotope (Environment)
This species holds the following environmental preferences:
- Low to moderate gravity planets
- Can live in a wide range of environments, including many that humanitii could not survive in.
- Prefers sterile and completely artificial / manufactured environments.
- Can function over a wide range of gravity levels and this species can alter itself to match the gravity.
- Atmospheres from 0 to 9, and occasionally A are suitable for this species.
Anatomy & Physiology (Phenotype)
Body Plan (Morphology)
- Confluence: Humanoid (Hominid-based)
- Synthetic life
This species has an unconventional biochemistry.
This species uses an unconventional respiration cycle consisting of:
Ecosystem & Population (Ecology)
Diet & Trophics (Consumption)
This species survives using the following methods of consumption:
Gender & Sexuality (Reproduction)
Adolescence & Lifecycle (Ontogeny)
Psychology (Cultural Sophontology)
Belief System & Philosophy (Mindset)
The Jenda mindset can be summed up as "We are Jenda." The Jenda find most other societies and sophonts so radically different from themselves that it makes it hard for Jenda to understand them.
- The Jenda see themselves as living machines. They make no differentiation between organic and inorganic components of their bodies. For Jenda, they are equal regardless of their individual design, construction, or materials used.
- Each Jenda sees themselves and other Jenda as made to suit a purpose within their society. For Jenda purpose equals value and all Jenda with purpose are equal to all other Jenda.
- Jenda do not see other races as inferior or superior, but simply as different.
- Jenda only take interest in another race when they can detect a purpose that aligns with their own values system.
The Jenda are secular.
- Jenda are non-interventionary and non-aggressive as a society and polity.
Culture & Society (Ethnology)
Social Organization: 1105
This species organized its society with the following methods:
Cultural Hierarchies: 1105
This species ranks its members in the following manners:
Language (Linguistic Sophontology)
This species is known to communicate with other species using the following methods.
- The Jenda adopt or adapt their communications methods to fit the needs of the sophonts they are communicating with. They almost always learn and use the other party's language for this purpose.
- Jenda do not expect, and really do not want, other species communicating with them in Jotal. They see this as an invasion of their person or self.
Language & Letters (Communication)
This species uses the following types of language to communicate:
- The language of the Jenda is Jotal
- As cybernetic beings, the Jenda have adopted a complex quantum octal language that duplicates their thought processes. All Jenda - Jenda communications are transmitted directly between sender and receiver. There is no verbal or written version of Jotal. Jenda store all Jotal messages they wish to retain in electronic data form.
- JOTAL is an acronym for Jenda Octal Transmitted Artificial Language. This is used by other races to give a name to this language rather than what the Jenda themselves call it. As far as is known, there is no official word or name for their language used by the Jenda.
This species holds the following values regarding art, architecture, ornamentation, etc.
- No information yet available.
This species holds the following values regarding a sense of right and wrong:
History: General Overview
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1116
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this polity:
- The Jenda first arrived on Sysix in -2381 from what is now Solomani space.
Civilization (Societal Sophontology)
Government & Politics (Leadership)
The Jenda organize their society as a networked feudal technocracy.
- The Council of Leh Perash serves as the body that interfaces with other non-Jenda polities. Its members act as the interface between all Jenda and any other polity or group of sophonts.
- The Council also acts as a central clearinghouse for ideas and information among Jenda. In this capacity their purpose is to maintain continuity rather than act as a government body.
- The Jenda internally operate as a participating democracy. Because of their cybernetic nature, the Jenda put everything to a group decision or vote. Those Jenda with the greatest expertise on the subject to be voted on present all information and data for other Jenda to review. A group decision is made from that data. Because of the reliance on certain experts, the Jenda governing system is classified as a feudal technocracy.
Military & Intelligence (Force Projection)
Business & Trade (Economy)
Many humanoid races and polities have found it difficult to trade with the Jenda. They often find Jenda uncomfortable to be around noting that they can be disquieting, or unnerving. Jenda are often said to fall into the deepest chasms of the uncanny valley due to their cybernetic nature.
- Jenda are exceptional miners and raw and processed mined materials are a major export.
Architecture and Esthetics
Research & Technology (Knowledge)
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This species can primarily be found within Charted Space in the following locations.
The homeworld of this race (sophontic species) is:
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Loren Wiseman. "Hinterworlds." Challenge 39 (1989): 29.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Enoki
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science