- Have Repair Drones or Repair Bots to instruct or operate
- Have a working secure means of communication to those Vehicles
- Have an up to date view of the ship's systems in the Library Program
- Have the appropriate parts available to fix the issues identified.
Included in the Auto-Repair Program are:
- A specialist Intellect Program able to operate the required software and hardware
- A basic expertise in the remote operation of the repair Vehicles
- A basic expertise in the Mechanical, Engineering, etc. skills that need to be applied to undertake the various repairs found to be required.
Care should be taken when deploying this program since unregistered changes to the ship configuration will be seen by the computer as damage to be repaired.
Selected Computer Programs
- Agent Program 
- Auto-Repair Program 
- Battle System Program 
- Conscious Intelligence Program 
- Expert Program 
- Intellect Program 
- Interface Program 
- Medic Program 
- Translator Program 
- Virtual Mining Program 
Software within Charted Space is intentionally built to work under a number of different operating systems, different technology levels of computers, and to be extensively toughened for hard use under vacuum if necessary. 
The Software List: The computer software list, available at nearly any software vendor or port, indicates the various programs that are available. It shows space required by a specific program in CPU or storage, its price in MCr, and its title. Also shown is a brief overview of its effects. 
Software Authorship: Various requirements exist for individual characters producing existing or new programs. Such a course can save money, but may have some pitfalls. Program generation is explained elsewhere.