Alahir class Heavy Scout
|Alahir class Heavy Scout|
|Type: SI Heavy Scout|
|Also see||Scout Vessel|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon starship design.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||20 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Secret of the Ancients 18, 20-21.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
- It carries medium armament and a military defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries several subcraft, a few ship's vehicles, and drones when needed.
- It has a 36 sophont crew and 12 marines.
According to the registry of Imperial Scout Ships, the Alahir is officially a ‘heavy scout’ designed for extended missions into perilous regions of space, mapping pirate sectors, performing observations of hazardous stellar phenomena and other tasks that a basic scout ship could not accomplish. There are only two other ships of this design in the Marches.
The Alahir is a thousand-ton Jump-4 ship, capable of 5g acceleration. She carries four smaller craft – a modular cutter for fuel scooping and cargo transfer, and three Light Fighters (on some scouting missions, these ten-ton fighters are replaced with more probe drones or a 50-ton surveyor in a docking cradle). The prow-mounted particle bay gives her surprising punch for a scout ship, while the six turrets give ample protection. Her armour is augmented with radiation shielding, and her computer systems and sensors are hardened.
On board, the ship carries enough fuel for more than a month of standard operations and a single Jump-4, as well as extra fuel for the fighters and cutter. The Alahir has twenty staterooms; her usual crew includes six pilots, one navigator, six engineers, ten gunners, twelve marines and six scientists along with other deckhands and specialists.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||TBD|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type SI class Surveillance Scout
- Alahir class Heavy Scout
- Bay class Surveillance Vessel
- Dienjzhiae class Fleet Intelligence Corvette
- Exocet class Intelligence Cruiser
- Fairmile Model G class Scout
- Keyhole class Observatory Ship
- Lauritson class Picket Ship
- Legion class Picket Boat
- Prince Asan class Scout Leader
- Tripwire class Early Warning Scout
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Gareth Hanrahan. Secret of the Ancients (Mongoose Publishing, 2010), 18, 20-21.
- Gareth Hanrahan. Secret of the Ancients (Mongoose Publishing, 2012), 18, 20-21.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: FarScout275
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science