Starship Operator's Manual
|Starship Operator's Manual|
The lanthanum grid in the starship's hull lights up only seconds before a Free Trader goes into jump.
|Publisher||Digest Group Publications|
|Author||Rob Caswell, William W. Connors, Joe Fugate, Gary L. Thomas|
|Available from||No (Aftermarket)|
|Product no. 872|
|Table of Contents|
The Starship Operator's Manual is a Traveller RPG book, providing background (story) material and detailing what it might be like to operate a starship in the Traveller RPG universe. These kinds of details can really help players to get in the right mood for a Traveller RPG adventure campaign.
Whether you're a captain, an engineer, a pilot, a broker, or just a hand who swabs the deck ...
... You need to read the Starship Operator's Manual Vol. 1.
Everything you've ever wanted to know about starship operations.
Contents include -
- Systems: How things work, including details of jump drive, manoeuvre drive, power plant, sensors, transponder, flight controls, computer, weapons, hull, and cargo hold.
- Procedures: Step-by-step instructions on navigating a course, going into jumpspace, starting up a power plant, getting more "oomph" from a manoeuvre drive, and lots more.
- Crew Duties: Over 20 positions described, telling who does what and why.
- "The Old Timer": expert advice on Starship operation from an "old time" merchant captain.
- Deck plans: All-new deck plans for the Free Trader class starship, along with interior views of the ship.
- Index: A complete catalog of the contents.
Table of Contents
|Power Plant and Fuel||15|
|Sensors, Communicators and Transponders||18|
|Main Computer and Security||23|
|Hull and Environment||27|
|Ship Tour (including viewpoint diagrams)||35|
|Cargo and Passengers||45|
|Weapons and Screens||50|
|Game rules for Starship operations||59|
Library Data Entries (Public)
Meta-history & Background (Dossier)
The Starship Operator's Manual is a fan favorite and a very well-developed piece of speculative fiction, detailing what it might be like to operate a starship in the Traveller RPG universe.
- Since the legal ownership of DGP is still in question or unavailable, FFE and Marc Miller have not been able to gain ownership or licenses over this product so it can be difficult to find and sometimes reaches artificially high prices on auction sites.
Credits (Primary Sources)
|Credit||Authors & Contributors|
|Design & Development||Rob Caswell, William W. Connors, Joe D. Fugate Sr. and Gary L. Thomas.|
|Additional Design:||Tom Peters, David McCoy, Karl JM Martin, Mike Mikesh, Nancy Parker, Robert Parker, Ed Edwards and Bill Hezeltine.|
|Artwork:||Rob Caswell, Bryan Gibson, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Patty Fugate, William H. Keith, Jr., and Tom Peters.|
COMMENTARY & DATA ARTICLES:
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
References & Contributions (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|