|Type: M Merchant|
|Passengers||6 High/Med 20 Low|
Description / Specifications
Using a 200-ton TL–9 streamlined hull, the free trader is an elementary interstellar merchant ship plying the space lanes carrying cargo and passengers. It is fitted with drives giving it jump-1 and 1-G acceleration. Fuel tankage supports one jump-1 and two months of power plant operations. Fuel scoops are included. Installed on the bridge is a computer Model/1 and the default sensor suite.
Cargo capacity, the ship’s most important feature, is 82 tons, plus a mail vault. The hull is streamlined, and can land on uneven terrain. The free trader requires a crew of four: pilot/astrogator, engineer, medic, and steward
History & Background / Dossier
No information yet available.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller. Starships (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), 19.
- Jim Cunningham. High Passage 1 (FASA, 1981), 53.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 81.
- Rob Caswell, William W. Connors, Joe Fugate, Gary L. Thomas. Starship Operator's Manual (Digest Group Publications, 1988), .
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Traveller: The New Era (Game Designers Workshop, 1993), 368.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Brilliant Lances (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), 21.
- Don Perrin. Starships (Imperium Games, 1996), 28-29.
- Loren Wiseman. Deck Plan 1: Beowulf-class Free Trader (Steve Jackson Games, 2000), .