A Captain is the senior officer aboard a ship.
- Serving as a Captain is a professional vocation.
- The Captain is a member of a ship's crew.
- An individual must have an appropriate qualification (skill) to perform the role.
- It is a vocation.
- Astrogator / Navigator
- Computer Specialist
- Diplomat / Emissary
- Security Specialist
- Sensor Operator
This role technically only exists if there are at least two crew (otherwise, there is no one else to command), though many speak of a single crew operating a ship as the ship's "captain".
A Captain has many duties and responsibilities aboard a ship.
An individual serving as a ship's Captain generally holds one or more technical Certificates:
- Level 1 (Qualified)
- Level 2 (Competent)
- Level 3 (Experienced / Expert)
- Level 4 or more (Master)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Book 2 Starships (Game Designers Workshop, 1977)
- Classic Traveller Book 5 High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980)
- MegaTraveller core books (Game Designers Workshop, 1987)
- The Traveller's Handbook Traveller D20 (QuikLink Interactive, 2002)
- T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- Author & Contributor: Adrian Tymes