- The ancient Solomani name for these crystals has been forgotten.
- Lanthanum is a similar resource with similar importance.
- Zuchai Crystals are a both a resource and a common component of the Ship Equipment: Jump Drive.
Please refer to the following AAB library data for more information:
- Jump Drive
These crystals are an indispensable focusing element used in manufacturing Jump Drives.
- They are both naturally occurring and artificially manufactured, but the natural type appear to have longer operating lives.
- Natural crystals in a raw state are worth about Cr1,000 per kilogram.
- A typical starship uses several kilograms of Zuchai crystals. Larger starships may use hundreds or even thousands of kilograms of this resource.
The crystals are used in the "Zuchai Crystal Energy Sink Array" (also known as the "Jump Capacitors").
The ancient Solomani name for these crystals has been forgotten.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1116
This resource can be found on following known systems and worlds:
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|