|Army Size (BEs)||0|
|World Trade Number||3|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||0|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Uushagkir has an unbreathably thin atmosphere and very little surface water. The system supports a population of fewer than 10,000 sophonts. The governance of this world is from Gvadh (Dagudashaag 0906). It is a member of Third Imperium in the Old Suns Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector and in the Lancian Cultural Region and the Domain of Vland. Uushagkir, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. During the Long Night this world was named Kir.
Astrography and Planetology
Uushagkir is a member of the Gvadh Cluster.
Uushagkir Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Uushagkir
Primary Main Sequence 0.4574 2600 - 3500 0.033 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00475 0.01516 0.15 - 0.24 0.475 4.75 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
- World Starport (Sp)
Uushagkir has a Class C Starport, an average quality installation which includes amenities including unrefined fuel for starships, some brokerage services for passengers and cargo, and a variety of ship provisions. There is a shipyard capable of doing maintenance and other kinds of repair. Ports of this classification generally have only a downport, unless this is a trade port or system with an hostile environment mainworld.
- World Size (S)
- World Atmosphere (A)
Uushagkir has 15-25% of its surface covered by liquid water or ice. There may be a few small seas. Wilderness refueling is possible. Water for the inhabitants needs to be imported and extensively recycled. These worlds are Hell Worlds or Poor Worlds depending on their atmosphere.
- World Population (P)
Uushagkir has a population of 1,000 to 9,999 sophonts (thousands).
- On most worlds, this population would be too low to sustain itself without a little outside assistance.
- This may represent the home base of a sizable but mostly transient population such as the base of a major starship expedition, the last generation of a dying colony, the first generation of a new colony, or a large outpost that will probably evolve into a colony if not stopped.
- World Government (G)
Uushagkir has a Captive Government or Colony. The world is ruled by an external government, there is no self-rule. A colony or conquered area. The local government is an oligarchy appointed by, and answerable only to, the external government.
- World Law Level (L)
Uushagkir has a high law level with laws covering many areas of interactions of people, corporations, and the government. A few worlds with this law level may be Amber Zones. Any interaction with the judicial system requires an Advocate trained in the local legal system. Law enforcement is present almost everywhere, either as people or via technology. Legal proceedings can take weeks to months to resolve and involve a dozen or more people. All objects specifically manufactured as weapons are typically regulated or prohibited (outside private residences or visiting starships).
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Fiber optics and satellite communication and data networks.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Early fusion power.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
- Land: Ultra high-speed trains and early grav vehicles.
- Water: High efficiency sailcraft, multihulled seacraft, improved artificial gears.
- Air: Tiltrotorcraft, exotic VTOL's, PARWIG, and rocket-assisted suborbitals.
- Space: SSTO spacecraft, early military spacecraft (System Craft), and interstellar STL starships
- FTL: Prototype Jump Drive-1.
History & Background (Dossier)
Uushagkir would be a typical Vilani world were it not for the Uushagkiran’s custom of tattooing. Each person is gradually tattooed from head to too throughout their life with each tattoo having a special meaning. Upon reaching adulthood each Uushagkiran will receive the tattoos of his family - icons representing celebrated ancestors and historical achievements. As the Uushagkiran grows his companions will award him further tattoos as a mark of his own achievements. Each can determine a great deal about each other from their tattoos. Most visitors find them colorful but lack the specialized knowledge to decipher their meanings. Few off-worlders have studied the intricacies of those symbols. The best known tattoo is the icon of shame which symbolizes that the person has committed and been convicted of serious crimes. Rather than imprison offenders the authorities tattoo the person and then release them. The tattoo covers a large segment of the right hand side of the face and many Uushagkiran’s will commit suicide rather than face this fate.