Fisher's World (world)
|Fisher's World/Shenk (Old Expanses 1229)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|New Era (1200)|
|Primary||M2 V M8 V|
Fisher's World is a rich world with a moderate population over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts in population size.
- This world has high-grade living conditions with a good climate and a non-harmful environment. As such, this world is much sought after with large queues for immigration here.
- This is a rich world with a prosperous and thriving world economy.
- Most observers think that the planet's economy and population will prosper in the near future barring outside forces.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Shenk Subsector of Old Expanses Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Way Station.
- This world has a colony at Bestor (world).
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Fisher's World Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Fisher's World
Primary Main Sequence 0.4258 2400 - 3300 0.027 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.0044 0.01358 0.13 - 0.21 0.44 4.4 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Remarks Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Fisher's World
Secondary Main Sequence 0.244 1900 - 2500 0.003 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00224 0.00415 0.04 - 0.06 0.224 2.24 Orbit # * * * 0 5 Remarks
History & Background (Dossier)
A somewhat small world dotted with small islands, Fisher's World is home to several hundred million citizens, who are able to live in relative comfort.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the estate of an Imperial baron.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial viscount.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial minor duke.
Fisher's World is known primarily is a crossroads of trade between the four subsectors Shenk, Nicosia, Sarid, and Thoezennt in the old expanses. The importance of commerce to the growth and maintenance of the planet's economy is demonstrated in a traditional yearly "Gathering".
- The Gathering begins on the local Day of High Summer, and last for twenty days, during which spacefarers from throughout the region come together to mingle, celebrate, participate in games and sports, make new contacts and business deals. It is sponsored by the local government.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|