(Redirected from Binary World)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Double World is a mainworld composed of two or more planets. While more than two worlds are possible, it is very a very rare occurrence.
- Also known as a Binary World or Double Planet.
- Main World (MW) designation.
- Planet or world type.
Description / Specifications
These worlds are often located in a circumbinary orbit. Different astrographers have been known to use a variety of terminology for these worlds.
The two worlds have a similar mass and orbit a barycenter located somewhere between them.
- The mainworld can be the primary world of the pair, with a large close satellite.
- The mainworld can be the satellite of a larger primary world.
Probably Planetary Orbit & Climate
No information yet available.
History & Background / Dossier
The chance of two planets of comparable size in a 1:1 relationship or close to, that also develop at similar rates is extremely rare, but it has been known to occur.
- Add Rocheworlds.
10 of 10 World articles in Double World
Aiahoih • Chtiensfabr • Coroskor • Nevah • Olral • Ostreph • Pwica • Qokeru • Stuart (Tn 3129) • Zie'be •
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
This list of sources was used by the Traveller Wiki Editorial Team and individual contributors to compose this article. Copyrighted material is used under license from Far Future Enterprises or by permission of the author. The page history lists all of the contributions.
- Marc Miller. Worlds and Adventures (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), .Marc Miller, Robert Eaglestone, Don McKinney. Worlds and Adventures (Far Future Enterprises, 2019), .
- Marc Miller. Scouts (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), .
- T5: Core rules
- External Link: Beowolf's Libary Data Website dead link
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science