Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Torpol/Tlaiowaha (Trojan Reach 2221)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Torpol is a water world with 90% or more of its surface covered in an ocean of water.
- The inhabitants of this world live on the roughly 10% of exposed land mass, in underwater colonies, on city ships, or similar arrangements.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Tlaiowaha Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector.
- It is located on the Florian Route.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
It is part of the Torpol Cluster.
Torpol Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Torpol
Primary Main Sequence 1.38 6300 - 6900 4.42 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01359 0.17438 1.67 - 2.72 1.359 13.59 Orbit # * 0 4 4 7 Remarks None
History & Background (Dossier)
- Torpol was formerly a member of the Kingdom of Drinax, until the Kingdom was shattered in a war with the Aslan Hierate.
Torpol is a water world, with no surface land.
- The limited population lives on the ice caps at the north and south poles of the planet, or on huge stilt-supported platforms built in shallow water. The planet’s primary industry is, unsurprisingly, fishing and producing hydrogen fuel for the trade convoys that dock here. Despite Torpol’s lack of natural resources, the provosts who rule the planet have proved themselves canny merchants, buying and selling goods along the Florian trade route. The eccentric Florian League is a difficult trading partners, as guessing what the Floriani will decide to invest in next is something of an art, and the provosts have studied the demands of the distant League in order to predict which goods will sell to the League in coming years.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|