Time In Jump
- Starship Drives
- Jump Drive Key Resources
- Jump Drive Lore
As of the year 1105, Jumpspace is still not well understand and the amount of time spent in jumpspace is not fixed although, under most conditions, it is relatively consistent. The Jumpspace Institute and other Research Facilties study this phenomenon.
TIJ Specifications Category Specifications Remarks Name Jump Drive Only the six Major Races are believed to have independently developed FTL propulsion.
- Jump travel is not well understood.
- Most believe it to be a gravitic effect.
Duration Determinate (fixed)
- 168 hours (+/- 10%)
Misjumps & Microjumps
No information yet available.
Jumpspace is patently not N-space. The astrophysical laws of spacetime work very differently. Informed theory holds that it is composed of many levels or layers. Some mathematicians have proposed that there may be some multiple of 12 layers out there... as many as 1,728 levels. Practical operating theory indicates a minimum of ninety levels. Noone knows how many there really are or even how to test or explore them.
Technological Overview of Projected Propulsion Technology
- Relativistic Drive (NAFAL) → Jump Drive → Hop Drive → Skip Drive → Leap Drive → Bound Drive → Vault Drive → Six Drive → Seven Drive → Eight Drive → Nine Drive
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science