This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Tejaan/Aredian (Far Home 3226)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Tejaan is a low-population world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in size.
- This world has yet to take off economically or otherwise and the population remains low for reasons largely unknown.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Aredian Subsector of Far Home Sector.
- 1 Astrography and Planetology
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors / Sources
Astrography and Planetology
Tejaan Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Tejaan
Primary Main Sequence 1.54 6600 - 7100 6.26 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.0147 0.20753 1.99 - 3.24 1.47 14.7 Orbit # * 0 5 4 7 Remarks
The primary is Nimosa, an ordinary white main sequence star. It has a luminosity of 6.26 Sols, a mass of 1.54 Sols, and a diameter of 2.198 million km. The inner system consists of (I) a sparse stony planetoid belt, (II) a vacuum inner world, (III) a corrosive atmosphere inferno world, (IV) an exotic atmosphere stormworld, and (V) a thin atmosphere hospitable world. (VI) Tejaan orbits within the habitable zone and is designated the mainworld. (VII) a very thin atmosphere hospitable world, (VIII) a ringed small gas giant, (IX) a dense icy planetoid belt, (X) a ringed large gas giant, (XI) a small ice giant, and (XIII) a ringed large gas giant form the outer system – orbital position (XII) is empty. Many of the worlds retain satellites.
(VI) Tejaan is designated the mainworld. It orbits Nimosa at a mean distance of 2.65 AU (396.4 million km), within the habitable zone. It has an orbital period of 3 years 174 days and a rotation period of 27.5 hours. The axial tilt is 21 degrees. Tejaan has a diameter of 14,738 km, a density of 5.26 g/cm³, and a surface gravity of 1.10 G. The world is geologically very active and has a particularly strong magnetosphere. Its atmosphere is rated as Standard, Tainted, with a mean surface pressure of 1.08 bar and a composition of 77% nitrogen (N2), 22% oxygen (O2), and 1% argon (Ar), water vapor (H2O), carbon dioxide (CO2), ozone (O3), neon (Ne) and other trace gases. The atmospheric taint is caused by concentrations of metal and mineral particulates in the air. Approximately 48% of the surface is covered in seas of liquid water: average tidal ranges exceed 0.25m. Mean surface temperature: 19°C. The climate is rated as Temperate-Prime and experiences moderate seasonal changes during the local year. The atmosphere is dynamic and strong weather systems driven by the star and the seas sweep across the globe.
- (VIa) Ilarik (UWP Y545000-0, orbiting at 25 Diameters/370,000 km)
Mainworld Geography and Topography
Total surface area: 682 million km², Land surface area: 355 million km², Water surface area: 327 million km². The major bodies of water are the equatorial Ocean of Platitude and the northern polar Sea of Sleet: the two are joined by smaller seas and lakes and broad low-lying river deltas. Other large seas and lakes dot the surface. The land is dominated by huge upland regions, principally the volcanically active Spirespike range and the southern Iceore Alps, and vast low-lying regions including the dusty Planitia Silicata. Much of the surface is streaked with metal deposits of organic origin that broadly follow the pattern of the world's magnetosphere. Many regions of the world experience a constant wind-driven sleet of falling metallic "Snowflakes".
The hot marginally hospitable world lying in orbital position (V) (within the H– region of the inner system) has primitive thermomorph native life, consisting entirely of microscopic cyanobacteria-parallels that thrive in the harsh conditions. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal.
Tejaan, the mainworld, has extensive, abundant native life, with complex organisms inhabiting every ecological niche. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal. The prevalent forms of local life are airborne single cell organisms (estimated to constitute more than 70% of the worlds biomass) that ride the world's magnetic fields and leech the metallic particulates out of the atmosphere for nourishment. They produce a weak electric current that causes them to become electroplated by the particulates. The organisms naturally cluster together and form organised microscopic colonies known as "Snowflakes" that gradually increase in size and mass. Clouds of metal Snowflakes drift along, carried on the wind and held together by their own electromagnetic attractions, and occasionally discharge firefly sparks of electricity.
The larger the Snowflake the more the magnetic fields pull them to where the concentrations of metallic particulates are densest, and the more the colony grows. However, the colony eventually becomes so large that its weight overcomes its ability to suspend itself on the magnetic fields and it drops from the sky. Airborne Snowflake organisms are predated by flying filters and those that fall to the surface provide nutrition for surface organisms. The digestive processes of these various flora and fauna break up the Snowflakes and release their metallic components back into the atmosphere
- Ilarik, Tejaan's temperate hospitable moon, has extensive native life, consisting of microscopic organisms, stromatolite-parallels and primitive flora that can be found in almost every ecological niche. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal.
The cold marginally hospitable world lying in orbital position (VII) (within the H+ region of the outer system) has primitive native life, consisting entirely of microscopic cyanobacteria-parallels that exist in any location where they can find even a minimal trace of shelter and warmth. Their metabolic functions maintain the process of atmospheric renewal.
History & Background (Dossier)
Tejaan is a remote and underdeveloped backwater lying on the trailing edge of the Distant Fringe.
Tejaan has a Class D Starport, a poor quality installation which has few of the expected amenities. There is unrefined fuel for starships and a limited variety of ship provisions. There is no shipyard of any kind, but there may be parts and technical support for doing minor services and repair. Ports of this classification generally consist of only a downport, unless this is a trade port or system with an hostile environment mainworld. The major surface port is named Transfer. Much of the port is given over to warehousing for ores and processed metals.
World Technology Level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Early video and early satellite communication networks.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Early fuel cells, solar energy, and geothermal power sources.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
Tejaan is governed by a Corporate Polity with a single corporation with a typical corporate structure as a government. A company town, or world. The typical corporate run world usually has a single purpose. Examples include mining, agriculture, or other kinds of resource extraction. But rather than a simple base of operations, there are facilities for housing workers and their families including hospitals, schools, and other infrastructure. How, or if, the children of the workers are incorporated into the workforce varies with companies. The corporation running the world may be a subsidiary of a larger interstellar corporation. Governmental functions are undertaken by Tejaan Development & Resources AG (TDR), a small company financed by interests on Pador.
None. TDR corporate security forces provide all local defense.
- Resources: 8 (Moderate). The full extent of Tejaan's mineral resources are only beginning to be explored.
- Labor: 1 (Tens). Almost all of the population are retained corporate staff.
- Infrastructure: 1 (Extremely limited). Rail transport facilities connect the starport and Smelter, the primary community.
- Efficiency: −1 (Average). TDR are in the process of upgrading the facilities on the world and the transitional nature of the work causes inefficiency and delays.
Tejaan's economy is primarily focused on mineral prospecting, extraction and processing. There is ongoing demand for construction materials, machine parts, and luxury foodstuffs and beverages.
- Humaniti (Human races)
The only major community is Smelter, a sprawling complex of largely automated metal processing facilities centered on the corporate compound and the recreational district of Liberty. Smelter lies close to Transfer, the surface starport.
- Homogeneity: 1 (Monolithic). Company world, company regulations.
- Acceptance: 1 (Extremely xenophobic). Access to facilities generally restricted to company staff.
- Strangeness: 5 (Distinct). Strong adherence to company rules.
- Symbols: 9 (Somewhat abstract). Corporate markings and designations.
No information yet available.
No information yet available.
- Pre-4900AD: UWP X795000-0 (occasional visitors only)
- Scavenger Season: UWP E795000-0 (placement of an automated surface beacon)
- Scybrian Wars era: UWP E795100-6 (independent metal harvesters)
- Establishment of TDR (circa 5490AD): UWP D795211-7 (improvement of facilities)
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|