style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
|Army Size (BEs)||150000|
|World Trade Number||5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||2,645|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||30,000,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||24,400|
Ssilnthis is a high-population garden world with a billion or more sophonts in population size, a near-ideal utopian environment conducive to most sophonts. The world has a colony on Rrekoth (Empty Quarter 1803). It is a Vargr dominated Non-Aligned world in the Flange Subsector of Empty Quarter Sector. 90% of the world's population is the Major Race Vargr.
Astrography and Planetology
Part of the Ssilnthis Cluster.
Ssilnthis Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Ssilnthis
Primary Main Sequence 0.5376 3100 - 3900 0.064 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.0052 0.02098 0.2 - 0.33 0.52 5.2 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
History and Background
Ssilnthis was one of the Glorious Twelve, the term given to the twelve human systems in the Quarter that stood against the Vargr Pillaging. However, she was betrayed by her leaders, and conquered piecemeal by the Vargr in the -1740s.
In -277, Ongour’k Gatzua was the first Suedzuk Vargr to publish methods of controlling humans that didn’t rely on violent intimidation. His writings led to the resurrection of literacy among the Ssilnthis Vargr. Gatzua’s songs, stories, and proverbs illustrating his discoveries and theories led to the Oreiraargaedzitzun Neokvgra’ousathuughsue (translation: ‘Revolution in Human Servitude/ Obedience Instruction’). Eventually the Master Boss’ more humane and effective human control and management techniques are put to paper in the -240s. They lead to a sustainable level of increased production for Ssilnthis: this wealth directly led to greater trade revenue with the Ovaghoun Vargr. This revenue was reinvested, powering a compounding rise in both the quantity and quality of TL 9-10 material produced. A side benefit was the resurrection of both the additional trade and the writings of Gatzua was the resurrection of literacy as a common skill among the Vargr of Ssilnthis.
This system was reorganized by the Suedzuk Vargr to be an industrialized center. Eventually, two massive underwater cities - Kamman and Ua Grengvuangfhuafhuez - were created by -100, with the scattered human survivors gathered together and used as slaves.
The first modern Imperials to enter Beta Quadrant were a flotilla of ten armed far traders, which visited Ssilnthis in 123 Imperial on a trading mission. They spent a year in the area - losing four ships to pirates, one to a misjump, and one to an unknown plague - before making the Ssilnthis-Ikon (Empty Quarter 1602)-Antares run home. As profits were low and the risks were high, they never returned.
Between c. 280 and 310, a major cultural shift took place among the interstellar corsairs based on Ssilnthis. Dozens of starships left Ssilnthis, not to trade or raid, but to seize the worlds and rule the stars.
The famous Morth Sawng, Blood Vargr philosopher, lived here (456-476).
Simultaneous attacks were launched against this world and Flange/Flange (Empty Quarter 2009) by the Hegemony in 796: the attack on Ssilnthis was successfully resisted with the assistance of the Damlaer Union.
The Hegemony of Lorean attempted to woo Ssilnthis, but the system refused to join the Hegemony. Attempted pro-Lorean coups failed badly in 972.
Most of the residents reside undersea, but over 20% of the population - or six billion sophonts, mostly Blood Vargr - reside on the planetary land mass. If the locals tolerate your presence, the human districts of the planetary cities can be very pleasant. Only remember that the human minority have been strongly influenced by Blood Vargr mores, and may cut and wound you for what may seem to be trivial or nonexistent reasons.
UWP Changes (all dates are Imperial Calendar)
- T20 - 993 - SSILNTHIS 1704 C767A77-A Hi Varg9 323 Na
- CT - 1105 - SSILNTHIS 1704 C767A77-A Hi Varg9 323 Na
- MT - 1125 - SSILNTHIS 1704 C767A77-A Hi 323 Na
- TNE - 1201 - Ssilnthis 1704 X767700-0 Ag B 323 Wi
References and Contributors
- Jason Kemp. "Beta Quadrant of the Empty Quarter Sector- Flange Subsector." Stellar Reaches 03 (2005): 13. - UWP Only
- Jason Kemp. "Sector In Review: Empty Quarter 993." Stellar Reaches 05 (2006): 37. - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "Maps and UWP’S for the Empty Quarter: 993, 1105, 1125, and 1201 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 17 (2011): 16. - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "A Gazetteer to the Worlds of the Empty Quarter." Stellar Reaches 18 (2012): 5. - Short write-up
- Alvin Plummer. "Data Dump: Updated Maps and UWPs for the Empty Quarter, 993 and 1105 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 19 (2012): 48. - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "The Preferred Worlds of the Empty Quarter, 993 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 21 (2013): 62.
- World page generated by AB-101
- Data compiled by ’’MIMIC’’ - Minor Imp of the Ministry of Information and Communication
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com