|Planck/Nemo (Magyar 0216)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Planck is an icy, low-population vacuum world, with a population less than 10,000 sophonts in population size, warranting hazardous environment precautions.
- Its surface is ice-capped with little or no atmosphere and nearly all of its water frozen.
- This is a cold world with an overall climate is at the lower temperature range of human-congruous sophont endurance.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Solomani Confederation in the Nemo Subsector of Magyar Sector.
- This world has a nearby Naval Base, usually associated with military starships.
- This world has a nearby Military Base, usually associated with military ground forces.
- This world was once known as Jofil.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Planck is so small that it keeps all its water in an icy underground aquifer; all surface fluids and volatiles are long gone.
- A sturdy, granite world, Plank is the largest of a swarm of pieces that failed to coalesce because of the pull of gas giants on both sides.
Planck Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Planck
Primary Main Sequence 1.7 6900 - 7400 8.1 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01582 0.23606 2.26 - 3.69 1.582 15.82 Orbit # * 0 5 4 8
History & Background (Dossier)
- It has also become the home of a unique genetic twist: about 85% of the inhabitants possess an eidetic memory.
- Written information is virtually unused here except to communicate with others off-planet.
- All data are passed orally and remembered perfectly there after.
- Of course, it is faster to enter numeric data by keying than by speaking, so computers have kept internal literacy up.