|Orphee/New Islands (Reft 1429)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|New Era (1200)|
|Fourth Imperium (1300)|
|Primary||G9 V M0 V|
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- This is a rich world with a prosperous and thriving world economy.
- Its economy and population are rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to quickly rise barring outside forces.
- This a "forbidden" world designated as a Red Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that make it extremely dangerous to visitors. Everyone is forbidden to travel here.
- This world has a research station engaged in the scientific pursuit of knowledge.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the New Islands Subsector of Reft Sector.
Astrography and planetology
Binary Solar System
Orphee Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Orphee
Primary Main Sequence 0.848 4100 - 5100 0.47 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00845 0.05686 0.55 - 0.89 0.845 8.45 Orbit # * * 2 2 7 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Orphee
Secondary Main Sequence 0.489 2800 - 3600 0.04 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00511 0.01659 0.16 - 0.26 0.511 5.11 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
Native sophont: Orpheides
A potentially intelligent race, the Orpheides of Orphee, are an herbivorous grazer species confined to their world of origin. These grazers have achieved only rudimentary development, approximating tech level 0, although their culture at that level has proven of interest to academics throughout the Clusters. It is expected that the Orpheides, with suitable protection from interference, can achieve a technological civilization within a few thousand years. 
"Orpheus" - a poet and lyre-player of Greek legend who tried to free his wife Eurydice from the underworld by charming the god Hades with his music (Webster's Encyclopedia 1095 - Regina Edition).
History and background
The world does have a small human academic community who study the Orpheides society. However, it has been interdicted to trade and naval traffic by the Convention of Interdiction (5575 AD /1054 Imperial ). This was signed by all worlds within the Islands Clusters (New Islands Subsector and Old Islands Subsector). Occasional ships carrying supplies and researchers do call on the system from time to time. The interdiction of Orphee is equivalent to a Red Travel Zone within the Imperium.