|Kandom/Alurza (Diaspora 2116)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|New Era (1200)|
|Primary||M3 V M8 V|
- Its economy and population are rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to quickly rise barring outside forces.
- The world serves as the subsector capital with the significant extra trade and prestige associated with that role..
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Alurza Subsector of Diaspora Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world has a colony at Opheim (world).
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Kandom Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Kandom Primary Primary Red M3 V Kandom Companion Secondary Red M8 V
History & Background (Dossier)
- The world is the subsector capital.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial count.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial subsector duke.
Kandom is divided by a succession war. This war is being waged between the planetary government and ex-Duke Geraldo who was also one of the major players in the earlier succession wars on Backman. The nations which eventually established the Vassalry Judiciate forced Geraldo and his forces to abandon the Backman system and flee to Kandom, where they continue their fight.
- Although officially an outlaw, Duke Prester Geraldo has many sympathizers among the poor and middle classes of Kandom. He is also receiving support from two companies of grav-belted infantry from the Union of Sufren. Although he and his forces remain in hiding and have trouble getting adequate equipment and supplies, his bid for control of this system, and the subsector, is far from over.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|