|Ishimshulgi/Sol (Solomani Rim 2021)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||M1 V M2 V|
Ishimshulgi is a nonindustrial vacuum world, which warrants hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Sol Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
Description / Astrography & Planetology
Binary Solar System
Ishimshulgi Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Ishimshulgi
Primary Main Sequence 0.4574 2600 - 3500 0.033 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00475 0.01516 0.15 - 0.24 0.475 4.75 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Ishimshulgi
Secondary Main Sequence 0.4258 2400 - 3300 0.027 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.0044 0.01358 0.13 - 0.21 0.44 4.4 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
2021 Ishimshulgi (Imperial)
Starport: Class I.
Diameter: 1,700 miles (2,700 km). Gravity: 0.15g.
Control Level: 5.
Tech Level: 7.
World Trade Number: 2.5.
History & Background / Dossier
Several centuries ago, the corporation attempted to "encourage" a native lifeform which fixed nitrogen into the soil for use by the local plants. The lifeform was not widespread or prolific, and corporate personnel were hoping to encourage it in order to expand the local agricultural regions. GenAssist genetically altered the bacteria for prolificity. The alterations worked, and in a few short years, the entire soil surface was fixing nitrogen at a prodigious rate - an alarming rate. GenAssist tried desperately to create an "antidote" lifeform, but to no avail. In a bizarre twist of events, one of the "antidote" attempts mutated into a strain capable of storing oxygen in the soil. Within a century, the entire atmosphere of Ishimshulgi was locked in the world's crust.
The Ishimshulgians are understandably embittered at being driven into sealed habitats on what used to be a habitable planet. Many left the world when the debacle became obvious; the remainder filed a claim against GenAssist that took the corporation years to pay off. The payments for damages have been used to "bubble-terraform" several locations on the planet's surface.
Imperial High / Landed Nobility
Ishimshulgi has a Class E Starport, a frontier quality installation with few expected amenities. There is unrefined fuel for starships and a limited variety of ship provisions. There is no shipyard of any kind, but there may be parts and technical support for doing minor services and repair. Ports of this classification generally consist of a downport.
World Technology Level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Early video and early satellite communication networks.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Early fuel cells, solar energy, and geothermal power sources.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
Ishimshulgi has a Balkanized Government. There is no central world government. The world has several governments competing for control of the world. These may be allies, cooperating, competitors, or at war with each other.
- The system is a member of the Imperium.