High Efficiency Plasma Recombustion
The High Efficiency Plasma Recombustion (HEPlaR) Drive is a very high impulse and high thrust Reaction Drive.
- It is a kind of NAFAL drive.
Please refer to the following AAB Library Data for more information:
- Speed of Travel
- Speed of Travel
- Astronomical Unit (AU)
- Light Speed (c)
- Light-week (lw)
- Light-year (ly)
- NAFAL (STL)
- Parsec (pc)
- Spacecraft Drives (Interplanetary Drives or Impulse Drives)
- Starship Drives (Interstellar Drives)
HEPlaR is a type of Plasma Rocket falling under the general category of advanced Nuclear Thermal Propulsion systems. It consists of an heat exchanger recombustion chamber added to a fission or fusion power plant. Hydrogen is injected into the recombustion chamber and the power generated by the engine heats the hydrogen to a plasma state. The plasma is them released as a high velocity stream of reaction mass, providing thrust. Because the engine is used to heat the plasma, this effectively drains the engine heat, reducing the power output of the engine in proportion to the thrust of the drive.
STL Drive Specifications
STL Drive Specifications (Starship Propulsion) Category Specifications Remarks Name TBD TBD Drive Type TBD TBD Velocity TBD TBD Duration TBD TBD Hazards TBD TBD Physical
TBD TBD Geometry TBD TBD Levels TBD TBD Entry TBD TBD Exit TBD TBD Fuel TBD TBD Resource
TBD TBD Inventor TBD TBD Characteristics TBD TBD
History & Background (Dossier)
It was first developed at TL–10.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Fire, Fusion, & Steel (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), 69,79.
- Don Perrin. Starships (Imperium Games, 1996), 71.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science