|Harappa/Arcturus (Solomani Rim 3028)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Harappa is a low-population world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in size.
- This world has yet to take off economically or otherwise and the population remains low for reasons largely unknown.
- This die back world was once settled and developed, but the inhabitants have either died off or left leaving behind the ruins and remnants of their civilization.
- This world has a research station engaged in the scientific pursuit of knowledge.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Arcturus Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- Harappa is a colony of Kurland (Solomani Rim 3029).
- It was the homeworld of the Harappans, an extinct sophont species and minor human race.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Harappa Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Harappa
Primary Main Sequence 0.4258 2400 - 3300 0.027 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.0044 0.01358 0.13 - 0.21 0.44 4.4 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
3028 Harappa (Imperial)
Starport: Class II.
Diameter: 8,100 miles (13,000 km). Gravity: 1.03g.
Atmosphere: Standard oxygen-nitrogen (tainted).
Government: Captive (Kurland).
Control Level: 6.
Tech Level: 11.
World Trade Number: 2.
Harappa was apparently the home of a Human minor race that had attained a Bronze Age level of technology. Unfortunately, about 50,000 years ago the planet began its current phase of volcanic activity, which polluted the atmosphere and plunged the world into an ice age, causing the Harappan civilization to die out entirely.
History & Background (Dossier)
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
Point of Interest: Science Station
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|