|Homeworld location||De Vell/Coldedge (Mavuzog 0614)|
|Primary Star||F5 V K4 VI|
|Reference||Theta Borealis Sector .|
Resembling large insects or beetles, flying.
Bilateral HS-TB-AW-LL-P, exoskeleton exterior, ichor fluids.
Upright stance. Large paired wings that fold flat against the torso. Six limbs - the front pair are manipulators, the rear four form a stable landing platform and provide mobility when landed. Furys can also jump, and are able to launch themselves meters into the air to effect a take-off. The brain is contained within the torso. The head consists of a feeding proboscis and a sensor cluster.
A baseline Fury has the following characteristic ranges:
- Strength 1D
- Grace 2D
- Stamina 2D (long-distance flyers)
- Intelligence 2D
- Education 1D (poor learners)
- Social 2D
Weight 40-50 kg. Slender, typically standing around 2.5m tall when landed.
Psychology & Philosophy
Cooperative among their own network of related individuals and known allies.
Neutral towards respectful strangers. Extremely aggressive towards intruders. Conservative, traditionalist.
Poor students, revel in the physical and the thrill of the chase. Easily distracted. Furys can become caught in a "blood-lust", temporarily "abandoning" their intelligence and becoming feral and savage.
Wisdom and intelligence are the signs of leadership.
Elders – and their perceived wisdom – are particularly respected and, typically, a powerful Fury will yield to a physically inferior but intellectually superior individual.
- Furys react positively to humans, who they instinctively perceive as "natural leaders".
Furys have a reputation for reckless courage.
Fury psychology is driven by factors common to many sophonts:
- Acquisition (stemming from the need to gather adequate nutrition),
- Preservation (derived from the need to continue their personal existence), and
- Perpetuation (the urge to continue the species).
- Community: For Furies, their immediate social group comes first. Occasionally Furies will seek out a new group, forming bonds of friendship and eventually joining a community of their choosing. Furies seek the best for their community. They uphold moral and ethical principles of their chosen community.
- Xenophobia. A deep-seated distrust of outsiders.
- Dedication. Furies are purposeful, adamant, and outspoken. They are generally unwavering in their loyalty, either to a cause, to a group or to an individual, and are resolute in their intent.
- Obsessive. Excessive focus on a single topic or subject, often to an unreasonable degree.
- Hierarchical. A hierarchical society involves two or more organisms working together to ensure their survival within a clearly defined stratified structure. In a hierarchical society, certain social positions and statuses have more prestige and importance than others. Extremely conscious of status.
- Inflexiblity. Unwillingness to change or compromise.
- Pragmatism. Furies tend to evaluate theories or beliefs in terms of the success of their practical application.
- Introspection. Furies can be brooding, introverted, and pensive. If their opinions or actions are called into question they can become inward-looking and given to doubt and self-analysis.
- Primal ancestors
- Human contact
Society & Culture
Work as part of a group. Dislike of isolation.
This race is primarily located in the following areas:
The homeworld of this race is:
World Listing: 1105