Fast Drug Berth
- In some areas this is a preferred replacement for Low Berths.
- It is also know as the Fast Berth
- It is a kind of Ship Equipment.
It is the same as the Steerage Berth with the passengers under Fast Drug to prevent psychological side effects. Up till TL-12, the passenger will be under the influence of the drug for 60 days, after TL-12 the antidote is available and the the effects can be stopped at end of passage. Cost drops for long passages, the base of Cr2,900 is for the drugs required (60 days or fraction thereof) and Cr233 per week life support. 
While Fast Drug slows the metabolism of the passenger, it may not affect germs in the air, thus still having possibility of becoming a plague ship with the resulting port restrictions. Muscle strain and bone injuries are possible, as holding/lifting anything will be 60 times longer than expected and fast drug does not increase endurance. 
Steerage has a long history of mental and psychological strain on passengers, use of Fast Drug is an attempt to reduce that strain.
Expected Low Berth Development Sequence
COLD SLEEP DEVICES & RELATED TECHNOLOGIES:
- Hypothermic Berth → Near-Cryogenic Berth → Cryogenic Berth → Emergency Low Berth → Early Stasis Berth → Stasis Berth
COLD SLEEP ALTERNATIVES:
- Steerage Berth → Fast Drug Berth → Psionic and Alien Alternatives
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- EXTERNAL LINK: The Fast Bunk at Freelance Traveller by David L. Nelson
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Author & Contributor: Master Scout, and Former Naval Architech CRHensley of the Ministry of Science
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science