- Warfare in the sound space is exactly parallel to that in the Electromagnetic Spectrum and is covered by Electronic Warfare.
Electronic Warfare is a specialised form of warfare, but conforms to the basic rules
- You need to locate the systems in use in the battlespace using Electronic Reconnaisance Systems also known as Sensors.
- You need to be able to effectively engage the enemy's systems using Electronic Warfare systems (sometimes called ECM or Jammers) or in the physical realm
- You need to prevent the enemy doing the same to your systems using Electronic Warfare systems (sometimes called ECCM or EPM) or in the physical realm
Physical Systems that have direct effects in Electronic Warfare include:
- Anti-Laser Aerosols
- Camouflage, Electromagnetic Masking, Anechoic Coatings
- Radiation Homing Missiles
- Decoy Launchers
- Nuclear Weapons
Some electronic warfare systems have effects in other battlespaces
- Psionic Shields jam Neural Activity Sensors and affect Psionics
- White-Phosphorus Smoke blocks Laser, IR and Vislight observation and jamming and has a chemical warfare effect in the physical warfare realm
History & Background (Dossier)
Electronic Warfare starts with the invention of remote communications. Almost immediately, Radio Listening Posts appear as the first forms of electronic reconnaissance - and shortly thereafter Radio Jammers and Radio Spoofing techniques are invented.
With the use of remote sensing techniques for target location, jamming and spoofing of these sensors becomes critical to survival.