Camouflage is designed to prevent an object being observed
- It is a countermeasure against Sensors.
- It may be referred to as "Stealth Technology".
- If it is an electronic device and a kind of Ship Equipment then it is called Electronic Masking.
Camouflage is a generic term for the ability of an object to be disguised to prevent its observation.
Camouflage is generally effective against specific forms of sensor. e.g.
- Visual Camouflage or Vislight Camouflage works against the visual Spectrum
- IR Camouflage works against IR detection
- Electromagnetic Masking works against Radio based detection
- Anechoic Coatings work against Sound based detection
- Psionic Shields work against Psionic (Telepathic) detection
Some equipment is specifically aimed at providing camouflage e.g.
or more generally:
No information available at this time