Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dorp/Ile (Old Expanses 2511)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||G5 V M3 V|
Dorp is a poor, low-population world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in population size.
- This poor world is struggling to establish itself and living conditions in many areas are rudimentary.
- This dangerous world is designated an Amber Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions make it dangerous to visitors.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Ile Subsector of Old Expanses Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Dorp Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Dorp
Primary Main Sequence 0.94 4700 - 5600 0.67 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00847 0.06789 0.65 - 1.06 0.847 8.47 Orbit # * * 3 2 7 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Dorp
Secondary Main Sequence 0.3942 2300 - 3100 0.02 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00404 0.01179 0.11 - 0.18 0.404 4.04 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
History & Background (Dossier)
- The population grew slowly and was quite content with the world. However, in 1095 astronomers detected the first signs of instability in the star. The inhabitants were evacuated by the Scout Service and various merchant interests, leaving only a crew of astronomers in a jump capable vessel, specially equipped to house them for years. They intend to observe the star until the last possible moment, gathering data not obtainable from a distance, and then jump clear.
- The refugees were taken to Khar (Old Expanses 2416), where they are assimilating nicely.