Doom (Di 0236) (world)
This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Doom/Hijiri (Diaspora 0236)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Hard Times (1130)|
Doom (Di 0236) is a nonindustrial vacuum world, which warrants hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- This a "forbidden" world designated as a Red Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that make it extremely dangerous to visitors. Everyone is forbidden to travel here.
- A Prison World, exile camp, or prison camp for criminals or other exiles is located upon this world in addition to other points of interest.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Hijiri Subsector of Diaspora Sector.
- This world was colonized by and is controlled from Sunz (world).
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
The world is part of the Asahikawa Trade Circuit.
Doom (Di 0236) Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Doom (Di 0236)
Primary Main Sequence 0.4574 2600 - 3500 0.033 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00475 0.01516 0.15 - 0.24 0.475 4.75 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Remarks None
History & Background (Dossier)
Originally a prison world, the inmates helped their Solomani "liberators" overpower the Imperial guards. Now ruled by the oldest, wisest, and most ruthless of the criminal masterminds, Doom is posing as a supplier of rough-and-ready mercs. In actuality, its oliarchs are using this as a cover for their real objective; attracting black-market investors to fund their evolution into a major smuggling power within the region.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|