|Boskone/Esperance (Solomani Rim 1214)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Boskone is a ring of many small worldlets (planetoids AKA an "asteroid belt"), not capable of retaining an atmosphere or water, and is also a low-population vacuum environment with a population less than 10,000 sophonts in population size, warranting hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Esperance Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- It is located in the Esperance Cluster.
- Boskone is a colony of Ludmilla (Solomani Rim 1216), which provides security to all major shipping lines in the system for a fee.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
The Boskone Belt is an asteroid belt orbiting the star Alpha Indi.
Boskone Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Alpha Indi
Primary Giant 4 4000 - 5000 95 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.14888 0.80844 7.75 - 12.63 14.888 148.88 Orbit # 0 2 7 7 11 Remarks Alpha Indi
1214 Boskone (Imperial)
Starport: Class I.
Diameter: Asteroids. Gravity: N/A.
Government: Captive (Ludmilla).
Control Level: 6.
Tech Level: 11.
World Trade Number: 2.
Point of Interest: Planetoid Habitat Research
The Boskone Belt's appeal is not its mineral value, for it has none: its planetoids are all carbonaceous and ice fragments, useless for mining.
- But some of the fragments are big enough to accommodate major habitat construction, and it is reported that Ludmilla claimed the system for "scientific research." Just what they are researching is not public knowledge.
- Despite Boskone's limited resources the system's position in the midst of a region of thinly scattered stars means that the important Alphanor (Solomani Rim 0914)-Dzim Zhia Gwi (Solomani Rim 1515) trade route has no other convenient place to stop for fuel.