|Army Size (BEs)||50000|
|World Trade Number||3.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||130|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||4,600,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Belumar has an comfortably breathable atmosphere. The system has a population between 1 and 10 billion sophonts. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Udusis Subsector of Empty Quarter Sector and in the Domain of Antares. Belumar, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a baronet, and the feifdom of a count. All three are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world.
Astrography and Planetology
Part of the Irash Cluster.
Belumar Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Belumar
Primary Main Sequence 0.672 3600 - 4500 0.216 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00654 0.03855 0.37 - 0.6 0.654 6.54 Orbit # * * 1 2 6 Remarks
History and Background
Belumar, like many other systems within the Empty Quarter, has gone through a cycle or more of settlement, partial or complete collapse, and later resettlement. The current population dates from the first three centuries of the Imperial Era, and is primarily composed of American Indians. Unlike most of the American Indians within the Empty Quarter, this group is largely from the south-western region of the First American Republic, and includes a plurality of Mexican Indians and Mestizos. The world is a bread-basket: the population sometimes grows rich, and sometimes poor, depending on the demand for food. But regardless, it has no native industrial complex: such things are seen as too polluting, and fundamentally unnecessary: maximum profits for the world and her sophonts are gained by specialization in growing and trading foodstuffs.
- Unfortunately, years ago the Imperium requisitioned the freighters that usually resupply the worlds’ mechanical and food processing equipment, as they were needed to shore up a failing war effort at the other side of Charted Space. The lack of resupply led to a slow degradation of the world’s ability to grow food. Now, Belumar is having difficulty even feeding herself, with the agricultural equipment and robots needed to tend to her continent-wide farms and plantations malfunctioning or going inoperative due to lack of proper maintenance. The withdrawal of the Imperial Navy has also hit Belumar harder than most: the pirates in the subsector are weak, but the world can no longer afford to pay for starmercs, and has no native space defensive capacity. Pirate raids on the world are now a weekly occurrence, and even many ordinary civilian starships are turning pirate, if only to pick up unprotected and abandoned equipment, just lying there in the field.
UWP Changes (all dates are Imperial Calendar)
- 993 - Belumar 1838 D663796-4 Ri 910 Im
- 1105 - Belumar 1838 E663996-3 Hi 410 Im
- 1125 - Belumar 1838 C663953-3 Hi 210 Li - Lucan's Imperium
- 1201 - Belumar 1838 X66397C-4 Hi 510 Wi
References and Contributors
|This article is incomplete meaning it lacks important features, structure, or content. More work needs to be done to make this a good article. This is step 4. in the article refinement process.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|