|Afellahlah/Alsas (Far Frontiers 1227)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
- This world is also the overall capital of an interstellar government with the massive extra trade and prestige associated with that role.
- This die back world was once settled and developed, but the inhabitants have either died off or left leaving behind the ruins and remnants of their civilization.
- It is a member of the Federation of Alsas in the Alsas Subsector of Far Frontiers Sector.
- This world has a nearby Naval Base, usually associated with military starships.
- This world has a nearby Military Base, usually associated with military ground forces.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Agriculture is highly industrialized, centralized, tightly sealed, contained and often underground with artificial lightning.
- The food-producing species can't compete with the more aggressive native species.
Local Lifeforms: Aggressive Autotrophs
The local biosphere features several aggressive species of plant-like autotrophs which quickly overgrow and cover any structures left unattended. Thick layers of vines, leaves, fronds, and fragrant flower-like structures coat many areas.
History & Background (Dossier)
This planet has an excellent 10,800,000 ton capacity naval shipyard. There is a Federation Naval Base and a Federation Scout Base. The powerful TL–12 Alsas Navy is charged with the defense of the Federation of planets. It can transport the 1,200 battalions of Federation marines.
Point of Interest: Ruins
Much of the current populations dwell in the post apocalyptic ruins of a series of previous civilizations. The planet shows a long history of habitation from ancient times. Ruins and ancient tombs and vaults in crumbling cities are everywhere. An archeologist's dream, the records are scattered and written in dead languages. The modern inhabitants are progressive and largely ignore the wreckage strewn about. Modern cities are gleaming towers interspersed with heavily reinforced bunkers. There are extensive underground levels and modern utilities and transportation is randomly laid over top of previous broken and decaying wreckage. There just doesn't seem to be anywhere to put it all, so no one seems worried about cleaning or clearing it away. They think nothing of taking and recycling anything they find lying around and combining with whatever new item they are building.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|