(Redirected from Smuggler)Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Corsair is one of the most common terms used to describe interstellar pirates.
- Due to the very high numbers of Vargr corsairs, the term is strongly associated with that sophont species.
- Please also see: Corsair Band and Corsair Vessel
Note that all raiders who work within a single system are of the corsair variety.
- Vikings are too smart to stay in one place, and rippers either self-destruct or are hunted down and exterminated.
- Black Marketeer
- Corsair Band
- Corsair Vessel
- Space Pirate
- During the Rebellion period, with the failing naval powers to suppress them, many armed ships turned to raiding to support themselves.
- As always, the bulk of corsair recruits are military deserters, criminals, and desperate indiviuals from disadvantaged backgrounds. Corsairs do not like fighting against well-organized and comparably-equipped defense units—they prefer preying on the weak and attacking by surprise.
- Many corsair societies have adopted an appropriatly macabre, ritualized method of announced assassination, which discourages casual attempts at assassination and thereby stablizes the band's leadership.
- Corsair bands in 1126 are retaining an increased numbers of dependents, who may either be stashed in a safe place immediately before a "hit" or brought along for the ride. The crowding and filth aboard corsair hulls is legendary.
- MegaTraveller Hard Times
- Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 21 in Article: "The Pirates of Tetrini"
- "Pirates and Pirate Bases," MegaTraveller Journal 4
- Planetary Survey 3: Granicus
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science