- The data for the maps comes from Traveller Map based upon the Traveller 5th edition second survey data plus many of the fan created sectors from around the Internet and across the years.
- The trade maps are available off of every sector page here at the Traveller RPG Wiki. They can be found in a green box attached to the sector information infobox (...right side down the page) at the bottom and labelled: This sector has a trade map.
The trade rules are from GURPS Traveller: Far Trader.
- These rules are based on a gravity (weighted) trade model. Each world is given a weight called the World Trade Number (WTN) calculated from population, starport, and other factors.
- For each pair of worlds a Bilateral Trade Number (BTN) generated based upon the two WTNs and adjusted for distance and other factors.
The routes followed for trade are created by the shortest path algorithms from NetworkX, a library for managing graphs. You will need version 2.1 or later for the Unicode handling.
The final output, the map of trade routes, is created by PyPDFLite. You will need version 0.1.35 or later to include the ellipse and text rotation features.
For the math and layout of hex maps, I recommend the Hexagonal Grids page which contains every item you will need to draw and manage hexagon maps.I recommend all the articles on the Red Blob Games site.
Library Data Entries (Public)
- Bilateral Trade Number (BTN)
- T5 Second Survey
- Trade Route
- Traveller Map
- World Trade Number (WTN)
As part of the wiki's ongoing Astrography projects, rules from several publications were used by the Traveller PyRoute program, using the sector data from Traveller Map and the economics rules from GURPS Traveller: Far Trader, GURPS Traveller: Starports, GURPS Traveller: Ground Forces, and Trillion Credit Squadron.
- Please see Category:Sectors with sector economic data for more information.
The original version of this program, nroute.c, was written by Anthony Jackson.
This program has the following external links available:
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|