A Newton is a unit of measure for force.
- The standard abbreviation is N.
Term Usage Example
A light blow such as a slap has a force of a few tens of newtons.
The newton was first defined as a unit of force on Terra prior to the foundation of the Terran Confederation: it is named for Sir Isaac Newton, a Terran mathematician born around -2859. Technologists found the newton useful as the concept of the Technology Level and standardized ideas about sophont society development began to take form.
No information yet available.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 615.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- An unpublished factoid written by Maksim-Smelchak