|Iddamakur/Ultima (Solomani Rim 0110)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||M1 V M0 V|
- The world serves as the subsector capital with the significant extra trade and prestige associated with that role.
- A Prison World, exile camp, or prison camp for criminals or other exiles is located upon this world in addition to other points of interest.
- This is a "Puzzle" world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Ultima Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- A little over 90% of the population is composed of baseline humans and other non-human sophonts.
- A little under 10% of the population is composed of Aslan.
- This world has a colony at Firels (world).
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
The mainworld has one small moon.
Binary Solar System
Iddamakur Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Iddamakur
Primary Main Sequence 0.4574 2600 - 3500 0.033 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00475 0.01516 0.15 - 0.24 0.475 4.75 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Iddamakur
Secondary Main Sequence 0.489 2800 - 3600 0.04 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00511 0.01659 0.16 - 0.26 0.511 5.11 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
0110 Iddamakur (Imperial)
Starport: Class V.
Diameter: 7,200 miles (11,500 km). Gravity: 0.82g.
Atmosphere: Standard oxygen-nitrogen (Tainted).
Population: 3.2 billion.
Control Level: 6.
Tech Level: 7.
World Trade Number: 5.
History & Background (Dossier)
- Iddamakur was used as a prison for ‘undesirables’ during Solomani rule. Different populations of dissidents were distributed among the planet's twelve small continents and numerous archipelagos; use of technology higher than TL 4 was forbidden, as was sea travel between groups. After the Solomani Rim War, the world was opened. Although many of the former inmates were dissident Solomani rather than racial minorities, the inhabitants are virulently opposed to the Solomani cause.
- Iddamakur remains a poor world desperately in need of interstellar exchange in order to purchase advanced technology. Its main source of income is its newly-built A Starport, linking the somewhat more prosperous worlds of Basil (Solomani Rim 0207) and Darrukesh (Solomani Rim 0106) with the rest of the sector.
Non-Canon: The Imperial strategy of building a Class A starport worked, and by 1117, Iddamakur had a tech level of 8, and was becoming a leading producer of inexpensive, basic consumer goods. The Second Solomani Rim War caused a change in production priorities to items to support the local Imperial war effort. Control of the system changed hands several times during the war, and the system was in Solomani hands at the time of the Collapse. Though not heavily damaged by Virus, with the markets for its products gone practically overnight, the world suffered a severe economic depression which led to political anarchy.
- Today, Iddamakur (B779976-9) is balkanized, though the various factions cooperate on trade and defense issues. The last three years have seen a dramatic up turn in Iddamakur’s economic fortunes, as new products and new markets for these products (Darrukesh, and other independent "survivor" worlds in adjoining sectors) have opened up.